Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm not giving you a discount because you threatened to do business elsewhere.

Someone just threatened to go to another store because I didn't have the one size of canvas she wanted in the thickness she wanted. [I have deep edge, but not regular].
She also told about how she really wanted to support the small neighborhood store, but If I wasn't going to have products it wasn't worth it to her.
I don't know that shes been in before. While I try to keep things stocked, I don't always have everything all the time. I have regular customers who say "I live in the neighborhood and I tend to be looking for x." or "I use a lot of x." And you know what, I try to get that item in, ether just to have on hand or as a special order for them.

I am very lucky and deal with so few unhappy shoppers, and rarely anyone even voicing opinions as this woman did. But it still irks me. After talking to her, I don't believe she will ever be happy about my inventory selection, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment